Monday 7 February 2011

It's done!

I've finished my second essay. Thats 14000 words since the second week of December. I've now got another 14000 to do before easter. I love this life and I enjoy writing essays when I get down to them but there's so much that gets in the way- so much else I'd rather be doing. Last week I was assistant church sacristan and this week I'm duty sacristan in church. I really enjoyed learning more about the behind the scenes of church life- lighting the sanctuary light, what to do when a carafe of wine gets broken by a falling cross etc! All great learning experiences.
At the same time I became aware last week how much I am missing solitude. Life in community is fun, upbuilding frustrating etc but I used to gain so much from an afternoon out on my own just walking and talking to God and some how that doesn't happen now. Usually if I go out walking in the afternoon its with K and thats important too as I need to work on our relationship while we are in this gold fish bowl. Of course I'm spending time with God praying in community and on my own but the 10 minutes I had on my own walking from lectures back to the car last week in Oxford was so refreshing. I'd forgotten what it was like just to be with God.
Note to self find some me time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment