Tuesday 15 February 2011

life at theological college

Well its over a week since I last posted. Had hoped to get my next essay well on the way by now but somehow life got in the way- again!
The last two weeks I was on church sacristan duty.The involved making sure the church was open by 9am and then being in the church half an hour before any service to make sure all was in order- hymn numbers on the board, books out etc. On the days we had Eucharist I had to be there earlier to set up for the service make sure the group on cleaning knew what they were doing and os it went on. I really enjoyed my duties but found it ate into my time quite a lot.
Had a lovely day out with K on Saturday. We visited a church which advertised snowdrop teas. the graveyard was awash with snowdrops and aconites and the ladies of the church served coffee and cake out in the churchyard. the church itself was 1000 year old beautiful small church in the middle of what felt like nowhere. I loved the way the community was using God's wonderful nature to draw people in. Then the Vicar was there along with other church members chatting to those who visited. There seemed to be well over 100 people there.
Looks like my summer placement is coming together. I feel called to rural ministry and so I had asked for an isolated rural placement. It was suggested that Northumberland or Cumbria might be a possibility but after some discussion and contact with a few incumbents it has finally been decided that I will return to Derbyshire to do my placement. now its been decided I'm feeling really excited. More to come later.
In the meantime I'm still enjoying my midweek placement and my Sunday placement. each are giving me new insights to the life I can look forward to in the future.
now its time to try and get a decent early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment