Saturday 19 June 2010

reflections on Night Church

Spent last evening in the company of two good friends at Night Church at Exeter Cathedral. Never having been there before I didn't know what to expect. It certainly gave us much to discuss on the way home, but I came away dissatisfied. It semed to have been a very cerebral evening but little spiritual imput. Not sure what Night Church aims to be but last night certainly didn't strike me or those I was with, as being a means of being Church to the unchurched. Will have to read up on what was actually expected and see if I can line it up with what we expereinced. I hope to return before I leave this area and learn something more about this Fresh expression of church. At the moment I am left with the questions- what does this say about me and what does it say about what God wants to do in Exeter?

No comments:

Post a Comment