Thursday 24 June 2010

Have spent the evening with a friend sharing food, life and the goodness of God.
I've spent the last 2 years as a children and family Worker in the Methodist Church- while preparing for a BAP and future training in the Church of England! The two years have taught me much- but I've also felt a failure in the job at times. however I am sure it is where God wanted me and L is one of the reasons for that. We met 2 years ago at a Vocations weekend for a course I had just finished and she was in the middle of. We met in Nottingham- I lived in Derbyshire and she lived in Devon. Forward 4 months and I found myself working in churches in Devon. The first Toddler group I went to help with, in walked L and we picked up our friendship again.
Since then we have supported prayed and encouraged each other through difficult times and fun times. Now I'm about to move away but this is a friendship which will last because I know it was a God grown friendship.
Isn't God good!

No comments:

Post a Comment